Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Facebook Official Page



- Journey in the Journals -

Guatemala City, Guatemala - 6 p.m.

One by one, each Blue Moon Knight left skateboard court and went to their destinations prior to the Luau; Kimi and Kaiser left for their bookstore, Melchior went home, Anael and Altagracia went to a candy shop, Thalas went to his home and Maya to hers.

Black Witch walked to the eastern part of the city, going to a building near a commercial center. She walks up three floors of stair and opens a door with the numbers "313" engraved in it. As she enters the room, she sees a couple of letters on the table near the door. She gets it and opens the letter, reading its content.

"Maya dearest,

Your uncle and I left town for a while... It seems there's a new dig site in northern Guatemala, near the Mexican border. I have been summoned and your uncle came with me to help me out. He will be back in two days or so. In the meantime, help yourself and please send me news as soon as you can.

Kindly,

Your aunt Carmen."

[Maya] - (Angered) Every single time... I don't even know why I still get surprised by those letters! (Rumples the letter and rushes to her bedroom)

Black witch violently closes her bedroom door and slams her body against her bed. Her countenance showed anger, yet her tears showed another feeling instead.

[Maya] - I hate this... (Weeps) Every single time they leave me alone... Why do they do that to me? Why? (Weeping, she gets her diary and sits on the bed) At least I have always had you... Even before I met Jasmine or Iracema...

She opens her diary and goes for a pen on her table; she begins reading the words already written, diving into her deepest memories.

[Maya] - What if... What if I wasn't capable of writing? What if I couldn't transfer my feelings to the paper the way I do? What if I had never written a single line of my own...?

Black Witch reads most of her passages in her journal before writing another of her own. Then, she starts fencing her pen on the paper.

"To My Silent Friend, the Notebook,

My Aunt has gone working outside town again; as much as I love her endless dedication towards her profession, I can`t help feeling ignored or unloved by them... Ever since my parents died, my aunt and uncle have been looking after me, taking care of me... But I know I have never been a daughter to them and neither they feel as if they were my parents...

As much as I love them, I can't help feeling like an outcast... And I wish to know why they seldom treat me like this in such an aloof way... I wish they were around more often... So that I wouldn't feel alone and put aside.

Maya Altahuela."

Maya put the pen and the journal back on the table. Then, she reached her pocket sound system and grabbed the Metallica album Thalas gave her. She put it in the disc slot and chose a song for her while laying down and taking a rest.

"..And the road becomes my bride
I've stripped of all but pride
So in her I do confide
And she keeps me satisfied
Gives me all I need

...And with dust in throat I crave
Only knowledge will I save
To the game you stay a slave
Rover, wanderer
Nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
Free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home

...And the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone
I ask no one

...And my ties are severed clean
The less I have, the more I gain
Off the beaten path I reign
Rover, wanderer
Nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
I'm free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll never mind anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home

But I'll take my time anywhere
I'm free to speak my mind
And I'll take my find anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home

But I'll take my time anywhere
Free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home

Carved upon my stone
My body lies, but still I roam
Wherever I may roam
Wherever I may roam
Wherever I may roam..."


To Be Continued...



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home