Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Facebook Official Page


- Kaiser -

It was about noon when Kaiser's turn was about to begin. The Shaman asked for a break so that they could have lunch. Anael went to Ixtab Blanca's kitchen - a modest room with mahogany balconies, a wood fire stove and a large round table with ten chairs.

The Welsh Guatemalan grabbed some ingredients and unpacked his knives. Curious, both Kaiser and Ixtab Blanca went inside to watch a junior chef in action.

"A boy who knows how to cook? Now that's different!" Commented Blanca with a smile, sitting on a chair.

"Well, when you live with a mother who works long shifts, you have to learn your way in order not to get hungry!" Replied Anael with a discrete laughter. "Kaiser, would you like to help me? It would be really helpful to me if you cut the vegetables and the salmon for me. When cutting the fish, please be careful in order to clean it properly, right?"

"Of course!" Kaiser happily accepted, grabbing the knives Anael gave him.

Ixtab observed the scene with a smile. At that moment, Melchior made his entrance, followed by Thalas, Maya, Altagracia and Kimi, who was still upset.

"So, what's on the menu?" Melchior asked mischievously while sitting near the Shaman.

"Something simple..." Answered Anael while heating the pans. "Do you guys like fish? I am going to prepare salmon and other stuff with it."

"Wow!" Thalas said. "That's fine for me!"

"I have no objections!" Maya said with a smile.

"Fine them!" Anael replied with a smile while prepping the food. "Just wait a bit... Kaiser, give me those onions and... Well, give me everything!"

White the fish was cooking on a pan, Anael rapidly prepared a salad with a modest variety of vegetables and leaves. He also toasted some almonds and pieces of bread, which he spread over the salad. He asked Kaiser to put the bowl on the table while he carried the cooked salmon to the table.

"Well, I guess it is all set!" Anael said with a smile. "Let's eat then!"

"All applause the chef! This looks freaking great!" Melchior said with a smile.

They all had eaten in silence, eager to hear what Ixtab had next to Kaiser, who was still very serious and hadn't said a word since the beginning of the lunch. He hadn't even looked at Kimi, who was still very sad. The shaman noticed it all, and she was ready to move forward in her turn to solve the twin's issue.

***

One hour later...

The Shaman led them to the Camp once again in order to finish the ritual. She had a serious countenance, which worried both Anael and Mr. Zelaya a bit. Before continuing the procedure, she asked for Mr. Zelaya, for she had some things to say to her beloved nephew.

"Kaiser's heart damages seem bigger than I thought..." She whispered to him.

"Well, is it something you can solve?" Mr. Zelaya whispered, worried.

"I believe it is... However, if I can't... I am afraid I force him to unleash so many monsters that even the Corazon won't be able to master..."

Mr. Zelaya put his hand in her aunt shoulder, looking at her with a smile.
"I have a hundred percent faith on you, auntie." He said with a discrete smile. "You will find a way to solve this situation... You always find, anyways."

The elder lady smiled at the History teacher, walking towards the Shaman Camp with her strange, magical powder in hands. Kaiser was sitting near the campfire, looking at Ixtab with the same seriousness he once showed.

"Ready, DarkStalker?" She asked, looking inside his eyes.

"Of course. Let's get this done." He replied as he slowly blinked his eyes to the Shaman.

She threw the powder on the flames, which became lilac.

"The Gods want to hear you, DarkStalker. There's no turning back now..." Whispered the Shaman.

"Never I intended to escape from this task, dear Shaman..." Kaiser said with seriousness. "And this will still be so. Very well, let me start this."

He took a deep breath and stood up, looking deep inside Ixtab's eyes. As Kaiser went talking, the flames made images out of his speech.

"I am the one called Kaiser Das Vaali, also known as DarkStalker. At the age of  five, after escaping, I have no idea how, from the hellfire my own brother conjured against me, I was executed. The reason? The deceased Emperor El, who couldn't stand defeat. He was older than me and we were playing a game. He just couldn't admit he lost to a child! Funny, huh?"

He then looked angrily at Kimi, who felt intimidated as the flames grew bigger and started to dance near him as Kaiser gave him his look full of disdain.

"You guys may be wondering how many events I recall... Well, they are not as much as I wanted, I've got to tell you. However, I think I remember the key events of my life and Kimi's. Though I haven't remembered who my parents were, I remember being raised by an aunt of ours, I believe, who wasn't a good person. Her name was Marja... I remember her face pretty well... Do you also remember, Kimi?"

"Unfortunately, I do." Kimi replied with a sad smile. "She was a mean woman, no doubt. He stayed with her for... Almost a year and a half, right?"

"Exactly." Kaiser replied coldly. "Heh, I can say I faced Hell thrice in my life - one was Kimi's fault; the second was consequence of the first and the third... The third... All you know. My soul didn't go to a restful place, it was cursed by Dad's wicked book!"

He took a deep breath while the flames continued with their wicked dance near the Knights. Blanca's eyes got slightly wider, for she sensed something wrong in that picture.

"What a threatening energy!" She thought. "This is Void, no doubt. I think it's the first time I sense the power of the deceased flowing from one's body so intense! Will I be able to help him tame it?"

"A thing Dad wasn't able to predict about Sankari..." Said Kaiser with anger in his voice. "... Was the fact that the one who tried to change it somehow would attain a Curse. I only discovered that after I realized were I was." His voice suddenly got gloomy and sad. " The Sankari led me to a dark void, you know? My soul was trapped on that abandoned temple down in the jungles of Tijuana... I was forced to guard that Book and wait... Wait until I was forgiven... Or... Until someone broke the rules and took the Book away..."

The scenario was getting even more dangerous than Ixtab thought. She had to intervene; before the flames could hurt anyone, she commanded them, forcing the fire to regroup near her and dance only on the campfire. She was looking with a serious, reproving countenance to Kaiser, who understood. He closed his eyes and let some of his anger go.

"Sorry, fellows..." He said. "I have to say that my history does not help me out - I've possessed my brother's body, almost killed Gracia and haunted you for a while... Also... I was quite a troublemaker...Well, I will move forward to the good stuff and then... I will tell you something shocking, which is truly my confession to this ground..."

He took a deep breath. Before proceeding, however, Anael intervened, shocked.

"Wait a second! You almost...Killed my sister?!" He shouted, shocked and angry.

"Hermano mayor, I fought him when we were in Tenochtitlan!" Altagracia intervened, concerned. "I know you have only seen me after we buried Iracema, but the truth is that I didn't only forced Kimi to make me a Knight, but also came to the Sun Temple with him! Kaiser hasn't only taken over control of Kimi's body, but came out of him in a new body of his own and started attacking me! Luckily, a weird and enormous amount of water came to the floor and prevented him from hitting me with his harpoon... I was able to conjure a vortex which dragged all the water and then Kimi woke up and helped me..."

Everyone stared at both Altagracia and Kaiser with shocked looks.

"We were about to have a nice moment aaaaand... It's gone." Melchior commented with a roll of eyes.

"I cannot believe in it..." Anael hissed. His anger came to both twins. "I don't know which is worse - the one who game my sister powers without my permission or the one who threatened her life!"

"I know I did something I shouldn't!" Kimi said. "However, if it wasn't for Altagracia, we would leave the battlefield more often. I know right deeds do not erase wrong actions, but you have to admit your sister is the best healer we have! The amount of powers Altagracia bears is beyond our imagination!"

Anael was still quite angry, and Kaiser decided to talk.

"You are right." He said. "I did bad things to your sister - I threatened an infant, and there is nothing worse than that. The abused became the abuser on that same day; do you think I like it? No. No, I don't. Unfortunately, my vengeful and angry side controlled me for almost a decade... However, thanks to you... And a certain person... I've found enough motive to control my feelings and fight my inner demons..."
Anael's anger diminished with those words. Though he still felt angry at Kaiser, he recognized the Finn's changes and nodded affirmatively.

"Thanks to you" He continued with a smile. "I had the opportunity to start over. Yes, my relationship with Kimi ain't perfect, but it is better than being alone and forgotten somewhere. I am an emotional person - I know I am incarnated passion, and the Shaman here has sensed this, I know. I also know I had developed an enormous passion for Geography and Archeology, and I am dreaming about working in this area; I also find Geology nice, so I am also taking this one into consideration..."

He then gave a mischievous smile to everyone present. He seemed a bit nervous, and the Shaman knew why.

"Time to confess, Kaiser." She said. "Indeed, you are incarnated passion. And this passion brought you many discoveries, didn't it?"

"Indeed..." Kaiser sighed, nervous. "Well, I think I cannot hide this from you guys. Kimi is already aware of it... However, since I also consider you guys a family, I need to be completely honest with you."

"You are starting to scare me, Kai." Thalas said. "Say it at once!"

"Ok..." Sighed Kaiser.

"Relax..." Melchior mischievously interrupted Kaiser. "We are your friends, and we will still be, no matter what."

"Ok then." Replied Kaiser with a discrete laughter. "If that's so, I am going to tell you. I believe you remember the Templar Dragons, don't you?"

"How could we forget?" Asked Anael rhetorically. "Those bastards almost razed Guatemala to the ground. It was almost as bad as Eclipse's times..."

"Indeed..." Commented Thalas. "Those guys... Lorcan especially... I am so glad they are all burning in Hell..."

That comment made Kaiser's countenance become sad and gloomy. Except for one Templar, he would agree with Thalas. All memories regarding those young were revived in Kaiser's mind, as he cursed the day those men were brought back to life.

"But that Lancelot one seemed nice!" Said Maya. "The Canadian one, with silver hair, remember? He didn't seem bad at all!"

Kaiser closed his eyes at that moment, and all good memories with him came out once more.

"He was the one who saved your life, Kai!" Altagracia said sadly. "He was the one who died defending you against Tristan, wasn't he?"

Altagracia's words made Kaiser look at everyone with a surprised and sad countenance. Tears were falling from his face as his mind suddenly brought him back to reality.

"Hold on a second!" Melchior said. "I thought Tristan went straight to Anael! I didn't recall you being attacked by two Templars at once!"

"Neither did I!" Anael said. "When I met him for the last time, he was threatening Consuelo..."

"He went for me first... Because of Lancelot." Kaiser said sadly. "All Templars chose one of us to be their main prey: Tristan chose Anael because of Consuelo, Lorcan chose Thalas and Maya for obvious reasons... And Lancelot chose... Me. That's where my confession begins. Guys, I need you to promise me something. No matter what I say, please treat me the same way you've been doing. Don't change the way you look at me or talk to me, for I'll stay the same."

"Ok, this is getting too serious." Said Melchior. "For Kukulkan's sake, Kai! Spit it out!"
"Very well..." Kaiser sighed. "Lancelot prevented me to get killed because... He loved me. And so did I."

"Wait, what?!" Everyone shouted, except Kimi, who was already aware of that.

"Yes..." Kaiser continued. "I was in love with a man. Truth is that Lancelot planned to get closer to me from the very beginning. Never in a million of years I have thought I'd actually like him and vice-versa. He discovered my weakness to love or compassion in the jungle, when he dragged me there to kill me; actually, he only drove me there in order to reveal his identity... And save my life. I know he was the first one I've ever loved, and it may seem impulsive, but I know deep inside my soul... I am homosexual."

"You...Gay?!" Thalas and Melchior asked simultaneously. "No way!"

"Yes, way..." Replied Kaiser mischievously. "I am gay, and I am coming out of the closet, and I do not intent to stay there any longer; the sooner, the better, right? I'd rather suffer from the prejudice than giving up of who I am just to please people I don't give a damn about!"

"Kai..." Anael was shocked and surprised; a smile came to his face. "You are the bravest man I've ever known. I really admire your courage." He stood up and shook Kaiser's hand strongly. "No matter what, you still are my friend, and I have all reason in this world to accept and admire you, and all ones who have prejudices can go to Hell!"

"Kiitos!" Kaiser said happily.

"As Anael said, you are a brave man." Thalas stood up and repeated Anael's action. "For that, I congratulate you; also, I know that Lancelot is happy and proud, watching you somewhere."

"I feel the same..." Replied DarkStalker with a shy tear in his left eye. "I hope he is looking after me... No matter where he is."

"I've got to tell you." Melchior approached mischievously. "This is going to be a bit weird for me. Nevertheless, when I said we would still be friends no matter what, I really meant it. Welcome to the light, Kaiser. May the closet never traps you again, never!"

Kaiser replied with a smile, and tears were coming out of his face. Then, Maya came closer to him and gave him a kiss in his cheek.

"To be honest, I already knew it." Said the Honduran girl. "I am happy to see you trust us so much that you felt comfortable to share this with us. I hope we can make your life easier!"

The other Knights stood back as Kimi stoop up and stayed in front of Kaiser, separated only by one meter of distance. Ice Guardian had a serene smile in his face.

"As I said once to you, my brother... I couldn't be prouder. I am not going to lie to you, this world will be mean, harsh, hostile and cruel to you, People will judge you without even knowing who you truly are; some will prevent you from entering where you want, and despise will be something you'll witness a lot. However, you can make the choice of coming back to the closet and become someone you are not, or... You can shout it out loud - I am Kaiser Das Vaali, proudly homosexual - and tell everyone to screw themselves and be yourself. I couldn't be prouder of the brother I have. Our relationship ain't perfect, but it is the best thing I have in my pretty miserable life. You can count on me every time you need; I won't let you down, alright?"

"I have the best brother ever!" Kaiser cried, hugging Kim's shoulders with all strength he had. "Sorry for being so mean to you today!"

"As you said..." Kim replied serene. "You are incarnated passion; such reaction didn't surprise me at all..."

"I hate to interrupt that beautiful moment..." Ixtab said with a smile. "...However, I have to interrupt this event to finish my ritual..."

The flames revealed the Quetzal and four Jaguars, which walked neat the Knights in a respectful way. As Blanca began talking, the flames were transformed into one single Card, as she did before.

"The Jaguars are the Gods of the sunset, the ones who rise in the depths of Xibalba to guide the souls in there. Their growls are seen as omens, and some believe Shamans can assume their form. In a way, we can; Jaguars are strong, fierce and careful. You have great powers, Kaiser, and you have a long way to go before you can achieve your full throttle. The Jaguar Gods will guide you, so take this Card, and never lose it, understood?"

"Understood, ma'am." Kaiser replied happily. "Thanks for your advice!"

The flames appeared in the campfire once more. However, instead of being bright as the five before, it was weaker, yet its magenta color was stronger than all others.

"Well... Black Witch, we've got a trickier situation here..." Declared the Shaman. Are you sure you want to go through it?"

"More than ever." Maya replied determinated. "I want to get my powers back. I want to be a Knight once again. I've fought all my way to achieve it, and I won't let anyone steal it from me. Shall we?"


To Be Continued...

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home