Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Facebook Official Page


-Familiar Places, Closer Memories-

Bury my heart on the river bend, on my ancestor's land. Take me to my homeland, where generations before me lived and died. Bury my heart on that sacred place, which sacred must remain. Bury my heart on the river bend...

Weeks later...

Life became normal after all the recent events. Finally, vacation arrived for the Knights, and they just couldn't wait to get some rest and relax. It was the beginning of December, and spring would end in a matter of weeks.

Anael's mother  became another ally for the Knights, and she offered them her house for their meetings. However, it wouldn't be necessary, since Kimi and Kaiser finally got what they really wanted from day one in Guatemala - their home and citizenship.

One Week  Before...

November 22nd; it was a cloudy Thursday in Guatemala City. The Foreign Affairs' bureau was already aware of the Knights' activities and true identities - besides their family, only the President knew who the Knights truly were. Because of that, he was also aware of their ages, homes... And nationalities.

Kimi and Kaiser had neither passports nor IDs. They were in Guatemala illegally. How could they cheat the system and keep themselves above suspicious thoughts? The answer was simple - they were too smart to get caught. Maria Moon'Seeker helped them with their civilian lives by putting them on school with false documents as if they were exchange students.

The President was sitting on his chair analyzing  a large archive given to him beforehand. The papers inside it contained relevant information regarding Kaiser and Kimi Das Vaali. Though there wasn't much in there, it was more than enough.

"Sotomayor!" The President said with a decided tone of voice.

An indigenous man around his 50s with short, straight black hair and hazel eyes entered in the room.  He was wearing a black suit and carrying some archives with him. He was Hercules Sotomayor, Guatemala's Minister of Foreign Affairs.

" Si?" Sotomayor asked with his majestic voice.

"The Das Vaali..." The President started,  slowly putting the papers down "...Also known as Ice Guardian and DarkStalker... How long have they been here?"

"According to our Intelligence Service, for about eight months." Sotomayor replied with a grin countenance "They arrived in Guatemala City in March." He concluded.

"Eight months..." President repeated to himself "Yet illegally, I've got to admit that they had done us a great service by keeping our people safe..."

"How do you wish us to proceed, Mr. President?" Sotomayor asked "Though they served us well, a message to the world must be sent - no illegal is accepted here."

"Indeed" The President agreed "However, we owe them something. Our security improved, thanks to them. Nevertheless, I agree that illegality cannot be accepted. That said, I want you, my beloved minister, to arrange them their full citizenship."

"What?" Sotomayor asked, impressed.

"You heard me" The President replied "Arrange them an appointment at the Embassy and provide them their full citizenship. After all, they have proven to us that they are committed to this country; therefore, they deserve the title of Guatemalans."

Sotomayor nodded slowly in a sign of agreement.

"I will arrange this as soon as possible, sir." The Minister replied.

"You may leave now..." The President said "Before that, however, leave these documents with me. I have some deeds and treaties to look at, and I'll need you back here as soon as you can..."

***

Present Time...

November 29th. The Finnish twins Kimi and Kaiser were waiting on a room outside Guatemala's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Kimi was wearing black jeans, a turtleneck, long-sleeved white shirt and brown shoes. Kaiser was wearing jeans with an Iron Maiden "Dance of Death World Tour" shirt and bloody-red sneakers.

The one known as Ice Guardian, Kimi, was reading a book with his eyes half closed while DarkStalker kept looking at the clock on the wall in front of them.

"Looking at it won't make time go faster..." Said Kimi in a slightly mocking tone.

"I know..." Kaiser replied "But I cannot avoid it..." A gloomy smile came to his face "You know... It is a new stage in our lives..."

"I am aware of that..." Kimi replied with serenity "I also cannot avoid this feeling of anxiety. However, we've got to keep ourselves chilled, for we will have thousands of questions to answer..."

When he finished his sentence, a man came towards them, explaining how things would go for them to get their visa. The twins listened carefully to that man and then followed him to another room.

***

Moon' Seeker's place...

Maria, Anael's mother, was leaving the house in quite a rush. She got her suitcases and ran to the front door of the house. Prior to her departure, she said some things to Anael - mainly instructions regarding how to take care of business while she was away.

"Mother, why are you going there?" Anael asked slightly sad.

"Well, two reasons, my dear..." Maria started "First, it's you father's anniversary, and I am going to visit your grandparents in Cardiff. Also, I've been requested to go to London to attend some diplomatic event, which I am not allowed to discuss with you, even though you are Elite Dragon..."

Anael smiled at his mother.

"It disappoints me that I cannot go..." He said "However, someone needs to take care of things while you are away... Helping the world to achieve piece in your manners."

Maria dropped her suitcases on the floor and hugged her older child.

"I envy you, my child..." She said in a weeping tone "I wasn't even on this level of maturity when I had your age... I am a blessed woman for having such an amazing young man to look after me..."

The Welsh Guatemalan smiled at his mother, hugged and helped her with the suitcases. The taxi was already waiting for her, and she headed to the airport. Anael stood on the gate waiting until the car disappeared of his sight. A mischievous smile appeared on the 13-year-old's face, who rapidly went inside and ran to the telephone, typing the numbers as he let his body fall slothfully on the couch.

"Oui?" Thalas said on the phone.

"Bonjour, Thalas" Anael replied "Well, my French is still lame, but you've got to admit I could pronounce this quite well! Anyways, I am calling to talk about an important subject: Maya."

"Indeed..." Thalas replied quite gloomy "Well, since we had gotten rid of Chalchiuhtlicue, I am wondering if... Maya's powers... Have gone away as well..."

"So am I..." Anael replied "Listen, if you may, please take her with you to my place. Kimi and Kaiser are busy at the Foreign Affairs Ministry and they may come later. Could you please bring Maya with you?"

"Sure." The French Guatemalan replied "I am about to leave. I may arrive in... Twenty minutes, I guess. See you later, then."

Anael finished the call and sat on the couch, thoughtful.

"New techniques, new powers..." He thought "We will have to study our powers more.M r. Zelaya's offer is more than welcome..."

He heard someone knocking on his door, which brought him back to reality. He stood up an answered. It was Melchior, who looked at him with a slightly sad and embarrassed countenance.

"Dude, what's up?" Anael asked, worried.

"Well... Where do I begin?" The Salvadorian replied "See... Things at my place got pretty rough for me, so... I was thinking... Can I move to your home for a while? Just until things get back to normal?"

"Of course!" Anael replied "You are always welcome at my home! Please, make yourself comfortable. I will set the room after I finish my business in the kitchen. Can you call Altagracia upstairs? I will need everyone down here..."

"Sure, no problem." Melchior said, going to the stairs "And thanks...For everything."

Anael nodded affirmatively an headed back to the kitchen. Elemental Alchemist slowly went upstairs in order to find Altagracia. The Salvadorian knocked on her door twice and waited for an answer.

"Gracia!" He said "Anael needs you downstairs. Actually, he needs all of us. Please, come."

***

40 minutes later...

"Hello, Thalas!" Altagracia said while hugging the French Guatemalan "So glad you came!"

"Thanks for the reception, Gracia." Electro Archer replied.

"Well, what is this meeting all about?" Maya asked when she entered on the living room, sitting on the couch with Thalas.

"Anael didn't tell me..." Lotus Flower said with a slightly sad tone. "However, he is just leaving the kitchen. Soon he will tell us..."

Anael came out of the kitchen carrying a tray full of homemade bread and garnishes. He then asked all of the present Knights to sit on the table. He gave them their plates and sat near his sister.

"Well, you guys are wondering why I called you here, right?" Anael rhetorically asked. "Well, I received a proposal from Mr. Zelaya regarding our powers..."

"Which 'proposal', Elite Dragon?" Thalas asked with suspicions "I know Mr. Zelaya is a person we know for quite a while, but... Don't you think it's kind of risky to trust him that much?"

"It may be, Thalas..." Anael replied "However, this proposal may save our lives!"

"Tell us more about it, then." Melchior said.

"Well, recently, we went through a lot - new enemies and powers beyond what we previously thought about the Shaman Stones. Considering these events, Mr. Zelaya contacted someone who would give us a clear path on taming our Shaman-Stones: a Shaman herself!"

"A Shaman?" Maya asked "A real one? God, this may be a real life-saver!"

"Specially on your case, Mayacita..." Thalas intervened "Regarding what happened back when you were Chalchiuhtlicue..."

Maya's face became full of sorrow, causing her to look to the ground and hide her tears.

"Did you..." Melchior started, surprised "Maya, please don't tell me... Don't tell us you..."

"...I lost my powers." Maya answered with shy tears "Mictlantecuhtli took them away from me. I just realized it happened about a couple of days ago, when Gracia asked me a few things regarding spell casting."

"Lo siento..." Anael said with sadness "I had no idea..."

"No problem..." She answered with a sigh "...For I believe this Shaman may be our answer to the new issues brought by the Corazon de Guatemala..."

"You couldn't have said better." Thalas said with a smile "I agree with this proposal as well."

"You can count on me on that little quest, gentlemen." Melchior replied with a mischievous smile "I believe I also have unanswered questions in my head regarding this matter."

"Well, I see you all agree..." Anael said with a smile "Very well,  I'll call Mr. Zelaya and tell him the great news. Nevertheless, I will wait until Kimi and Kaiser arrive. I want to hear their opinions in that issue as well."

As Anael finished speaking and grabbed a piece of bread for himself and his sister, someone knocked on his door, forcing the Welsh Guatemalan to stand up and answer it.

"Hold a second, folks." He asked when standing up.

Elite Dragon opened the door, and Kimi, Kaiser and Mr. Zelaya appeared. They entered on the room in silence. A few moments later, when Zelaya sat on the couch, the Finnish twins began celebrating.

"Hevisellot jyraa!" Screamed the blonde warriors "Kiitos laudani! Kiitokset!"

"Wow!" Melchior said in a surprised and happy tone "What are you guys so thankful for?"

"We got it!" Kaiser replied, showing them some documents "We got Guatemala's full citizenship! We are officially Guatemalans!"

"What?!" Anael said "No way! I don't know what to say! I mean,  I am so glad you guys got it!"

The other knights ran in the twins, hugging and congratulating them for their newest achievement. Mr. Zelaya kept his distance, looking at them with a proud smile. Then, the History teacher became the new focus as the Knights went in his direction and sat near him.

"Let me guess... Anael already told you." Mr. Zelaya said "This Shaman is actually my aunt, and I know she is one of the best shamans from afar. I already told the Finnish, Anael, and they agreed. What about you?"

"Our answer is yes." Elite Dragon replied with a smile "When are you going to take us?"

"It is a sacred shrine near the archeological site of XultĂșn." Mr. Zelaya said "In order to be discrete, I've rented a bus for us, which will take us there. When our departure day arrives, we will be back on Guate by train."

"Train?" Anael asked "As far as I knew, there were no railways connecting Guate and XultĂșn directly!"

"This country is changing quite fast, young heroes of our time..." Mr. Zelaya said with a discrete smile. "Well, if we want to arrive early at my aunt's lair, I suggest you take your belonging fast and meet me tomorrow at 7 a.m. on the northern entrance of the city."

The Knights nodded affirmatively. They stayed at Elite Dragon's house for a few more hours before leaving. When they did, Anael cleaned the house and went upstairs to sleep. Melchior was already on bed, probably dreaming.

The Welsh Guatemalan laid on his hammock, looking through the window. It was a full moon night, the one Anael used to like more than anything. His eyes started to close slowly as he smiled to the moonlit sky.

To Be Continued...

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home